Saturday, May 10, 2014

Garden Heartbreak

Today was the saddest day of my gardening career.
(Not to be too dramatic, or anything)

Just as my strawberry patch started to bloom...

I had to dig it all up.

With some help from my husband

We got it all dug up (June bearing on the left, ever bearing on the right) in an afternoon.

On Monday we will be having people come dig up this area to fix the house foundation on this side. Our basement walls are caving in and we can't risk another flood in the unpredictable Midwest.

I know the strawberries will perk back up next year, and we are planning on expanding the area (yay!) but it really is heartbreaking to yank them up right when they're so full of potential. Especially after we worked so hard on the strawberry bed last year. I might be a little too sentimental about this whole thing...

In a way, I'm okay with this for one reason - I'll be able to update in a few weeks to let y'all know if the plants survived and actually produced anything. I could not find a single resource online blog or otherwise to tell me if a strawberry harvest could survive this kind of thing. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. 𝙊𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙥𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙫𝙞𝙧𝙪𝙨, 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚!
    𝙈𝙨. 𝙏𝘼 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙐𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙇𝙄𝘼 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙥𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙚1 (𝙃𝙎𝙑1), 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 # 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙚@gmail.𝙘𝙤𝙢 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝘿𝙧 𝙐𝙩𝙪 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙪𝙢. 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙨𝙫1. 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙮 𝙄 𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙖 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank God for dr Moses Buba for helping me with pills for penis enlargement and cure my friends diabetes, he has been putting smile on my face, and on the faces of my loved ones, I got his email address via facebook platform on a penis size forum on facebook so I decided to contact him directly on his email address, and my encounter with this herbal doctor is a lifetime mind blowing testimony, so to all the other men out there about little penis , and other people that are sick of all other deadly diseases such as kidney problems, diabetes, leukemia, herpes and those that needs pills or creams for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, kindly contact him directly on his email address via: buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349060529305
    He is the best herbal doctor I have ever came across during my search for a cure,
    Good luck to all the sick people out there, I love you all

    ReplyDelete