Wednesday, August 13, 2014

School year goals

My baby girl is starting kindergarten tomorrow. The beginning of a new school year has always been a chance for a fresh start. Since things have been... challenging so far this year in many ways, I could use a fresh start in my own life.


Trying new things is a great goal. This lemon merengue pie was my first attempt at a merengue. This pie and its identical twin were made to bring to our best friends' wedding last month. It was a fun challenge, and I hope to try all sorts of new things in the coming months. 

For my daughter, I am getting her started in piano lessons for the first time. I plan to set a good example for her by practicing my long lost piano skills. 

I hope to take her swimming often, so that she can finally learn to swim. Going to the pool with her is good exercise, even if I'm not swimming laps (which I plan to do also , on my own).

I plan on joining  4H with her, so that she can hang with more like-minded people. I hope to expand our village and meet new friends as well.



I hope to share more activities and quality time with kiddo. This year will be spent helping her learn piano and how to read and how to swim. She's turning into such a joy to be aground.



I'm pleased to find out that baby girl's school is all about healthy eating. From what I've heard, it's a far cry from greasy pizza and cupcakes on your birthday that I experienced as a kid in public school. My goal is to do better all around, so that she has this healthy habit both at home and school. I need it as well.



Encourage her to explore and learn and get dirty.



And instill a love of creepy crawlies and nature in general. I hope 4H will help here.



I want to continue to work on my home. Making it a cleaner, more inviting atmosphere. Getting rid of the shit that reminds me of my predecessor and make this place more my own. I am forcing myself to invite people into my home, because I know it's good for me to be more social and active while my life is in turmoil lately. It's also the only time I ever clean my home - when I know someone is visiting.



Say yes to more activities. This balloon day took a lot out of me, mostly because it was so loud and over stimulating, but it's a good example of stepping out of my comfort zone for the good of my family and for my psyche. 



Be more generous of my time and possessions. This isn't an area I struggle that much with, but I know it makes me feel very good. This is a photo of my very dear friend getting dressed on her wedding day. She created her dress from meaningful components from other dresses. The bodice, neckline and satin fabric of my wedding dress. The lace was taken from her mother in law's dress and veil. I hope to set a good example for my daughter by being a good friend and all around better person.

Also, and no pretty picture to represent this one, but I'm going back to the gym. With my kid in school I finally have the time and more money to work on myself. After all the turmoil going on in my family's life, I've neglected myself. It's time to turn that around.

2 comments:

  1. 𝙊𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙥𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙫𝙞𝙧𝙪𝙨, 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚!
    𝙈𝙨. 𝙏𝘼 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙐𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙇𝙄𝘼 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙥𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙚1 (𝙃𝙎𝙑1), 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 # 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙚@gmail.𝙘𝙤𝙢 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝘿𝙧 𝙐𝙩𝙪 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙪𝙢. 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙨𝙫1. 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙮 𝙄 𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙖 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God for dr Moses Buba for helping me with pills for penis enlargement and cure my friends diabetes, he has been putting smile on my face, and on the faces of my loved ones, I got his email address via facebook platform on a penis size forum on facebook so I decided to contact him directly on his email address, and my encounter with this herbal doctor is a lifetime mind blowing testimony, so to all the other men out there about little penis , and other people that are sick of all other deadly diseases such as kidney problems, diabetes, leukemia, herpes and those that needs pills or creams for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, kindly contact him directly on his email address via: buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349060529305
    He is the best herbal doctor I have ever came across during my search for a cure,
    Good luck to all the sick people out there, I love you all

    ReplyDelete