Monday, January 6, 2014

Making this house my home, too

The first thing you see when you walk in our home is the piano room, which I cleaned up a little bit in an old post and still needs some work. To the left you see the top of the stairs has a railing that had a massive pile of junk on it. 

I swear all the rugs and laundry were clean!

I cleaned it up, and got the piles to their intended destination. In the junk's place, I put two ceramic pots that I made last year and a potted plant from elsewhere in the house. I relish in trashing the ugly fake flowers and decorations that were obviously picked out by my husband's ex wife and little by little I'm claiming this space. I've made the garden my own, and love every minute I spend out there with my new family. After a year and a half of living here, I'm finally starting to make the inside look more like my home.

Starting with the little things. My hand made pottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment