Monday, January 6, 2014

What I'm thankful for tonight

I'm not naturally a chipper person. My hope is that by slowing down and looking for the good in my life, the faking it 'till I make it thing will make my life better in the long run. Last year was a doozy. That's an understatement. The turmoil that caused last year's grief has no end in sight, but I still have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for hand knit socks and husband-made real wood fires. 

I feel like a proud cave woman. "My man make fire. Mmmm, good man, good fire."

I'm thankful for my daughter's creativity, generosity, and hard work.

I'm thankful for the ability to knit, which was taught to me by my late grandmother. I'm thankful for maternal bonds and and family traditions and skills that won't die out any time soon and the soothing, meditative comfort that it provides.

I do feel a sense of calm about things, to my surprise. Do you ever take stock of the positives in your life to change your outlook?

No comments:

Post a Comment